Showing love and appreciation for our volunteers is a long-standing
Girl Scout tradition. After all, our volunteers are amazing! Our
volunteers are all about the girls. We love them for it and Girl
Scouting wouldn’t be the same without them. Some volunteers go above and
beyond all expectations and have a definite impact on not only their
troop, but their service unit and sometimes the whole Council.
Adult Recognitions are our way to say thank you to those who work
hard to help us successfully fulfill our mission of building girls of
courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
This includes volunteers and staff within Girl Scouting, as well as
individuals and organizations outside of Girl Scouting, who provide
outstanding service and support to our council members.
Deadline: Nominations for service performed during the 2022
(submitted after April 2022) or 2023 membership year will be accepted
through April 15, 2023.
An informal recognition is another way you might say “thank you” to
someone to show appreciation. These are usually given within the
Service Unit, and can include:
• Flowers presented, or a special citation read, at a meeting.
• A framed photograph.
• Birthday or holiday greetings made by the girls.
• Recognitions can also be created by your Service Unit team (i.e.
“Rookie of the Year,” “Most Valuable Team Member,” etc.).
Consider these fun (and easy) ideas for recognitions:
• Note cards: “For a noteworthy achievement.”
• Batteries: “You’ve added energy to our group.”
• Roll of Lifesavers candy: “You’ve been a lifesaver.”