Proposed Bylaws Change Form
Click here to download the Proposal for Amending the Bylaws.
This form is to be used for all proposed changes to the Girl Scouts Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho (GSEWNI) Bylaws. Please keep the following in mind:
- Any member of the council may propose changes to the Bylaws.
Any change to the Bylaws requires approval at the Annual Meeting by two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the delegates present.
Any change which receives two-thirds majority vote shall become effective immediately after adjournment of the meeting at which it is passed, unless the motion to change specifies a time that the amendment is to take into effect.
- This proposal must be discussed with the Service Unit Delegates and members for your area.
- This proposal is to be submitted to the CEO before December 31st to be considered for the forthcoming Annual Meeting.
- Copies of the proposed amendment will be distributed to the Policies and Bylaws Committee within one (1) week of its receipt.
- Please fill in the form below, completing the sections that relate to the category of your proposed change.
- Categories include: a proposal that something should be added to the Bylaws, a modification in which you propose to change some component of the Bylaws, or a removal in which you propose that some component of the Bylaws be removed.
- In order to assist the Board of Directors in the review of your input, it is important to present the reasoning behind your suggestions. Please provide answers to the following thoughts:
i. Describe your vision.
ii. How will this proposed change affect:
- What will be different?
- Is your vision consistent with the organization’s mission, council goals and needs?
- The organization (girls/council/community)?
- Personnel (volunteer/paid)?
- Existing policies/procedures/systems?