Delegate Position Description
Click here to download the Delegate Position Description form.
Delegates Elected By: Members of respective service units
Accountable To: SERVICE UNIT
RESPONSIBILITIES: Function as a communication link for the service unit and the board by following Section 2.4 “Responsibilities of Delegates” in the GSEWNI Bylaws. Serve as a voting member of the council at regular annual meetings and any special council governance meetings.
STATEMENT: Embracing and promoting pluralism is an integral part of every activity and plan of Girl Scouts Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho. Only individuals willing to accept and be educated about this basic tenet may serve in volunteer or staff positions.
Responsibilities of Delegates. The delegates to the council shall:
- Attend the regular annual meeting and at least one regular policy meeting per term. If a delegate fails to meet the minimum attendance requirement, the service unit has the power to release the delegate and to fill the vacancy with an alternate.
- Shall gather information and/or report back to the constituents in their jurisdiction at least once per term of service for the purpose of decision making input.
- Elect the officers of the council, the members-at-large of the board of directors, the members of the Board Development Committee, and delegates to the National Council Meeting.
- Determine general lines of direction for Girl Scouting within the jurisdiction of the council by receiving and responding to reports and information from the board of directors.
- Amend the articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- Take all other action requiring membership vote.
- Conduct such other business as may, from time to time, come before the delegates.
Requirements for Position:
- Ability to serve a one (1) year term consistent with GSEWNI Bylaws amended 3-8-2008 and attend service unit meetings on a regular basis.
- Must be a registered Girl Scout and an active member in the Service Unit in which she/he is registered.
- Attend Delegate meeting(s) and Council Annual Meeting.
- Be prepared prior to attending meetings.
I have read and understand the position description above and I am willing to serve in the capacity beginning October 1, 2012 through September 30, 2013. I understand that if I do not carry out my duties as described, I maybe released from this position before my term is completed.