Wilderness First Aid Training - Coeur d'Alene
This training is required for any troops wanting to camp, hike, use remote areas with no cell phone serivce and where emergency medical services is more than 30 minutes away!
Wilderness first aid is the immediate care given to an injured or suddenly ill person. It does not take the place of definitive medical care. It consists only of giving assistance until a more advanced level of medical care is obtained or until the chance for recovery without medical care is apparent.
Wilderness first aid has a distinct focus because:
· Injuries and illnesses occur outdoors, often in adverse conditions that affect both victims and rescuers.
· Definitive medical care may be delayed for hours or days by a difficult location, bad weather, and lack of transportation or communications.
· Certain injuries and illnesses are more common in remote areas.
· Medical care beyond urban first aid may be needed.
· First Aid supplies and equipment are limited.
· Difficult decisions must be made.
This training will teach you what to look for and what to do in the event of an emergency, and direct you to the most appropriate type of care.
Location TBD, in the Coeur d'Alene area.